CompanyLearn more about Burkhart Signs
The year was 1964. Studebaker had closed its doors the previous year and South Bend, Indiana, was suffering. National newspaper and radio commentator Walter Winchell was purported to have said that grass would overtake the streets of South Bend. Amidst this environment of economic and social depression, one man sought to inspire his neighbors. That man was Charles B. Burkhart. Burkhart posted signs throughout town that read “I believe in South Bend” – a phrase that became a rallying cry for the community. And it was the cultural foundation for the company Burkhart founded in the same year, Burkhart Advertising. Shortly after the creation of Burkhart Advertising Charles Burkhart had the opportunity to purchase a custom sign company called Adway Signs. Adway Signs became Burkhart Sign Systems which plans, designs, builds and installs custom fabricated signs all across the country. Fast forward a half century and the company still believes in the importance and influence of communities. Still family-owned and operated by a third generation of Burkhart descendants, the company today assists local and national clients enhance their brand and help make their business better. Burkhart Sign Systems truly believes our signs are more than just powerful tools for delivering brand messages. They are truly works of “art in the air”. They are motivational tools inspiring our client’s customers to take actions, attend events, buy products and services and, ultimately, enhance the regional/national economy by enhancing the brand of businesses and organizations. We believe Charlie Burkhart would be proud.
We make business better
Our customers – be they large corporations, small businesses or progressive non-profit organizations – are always our top priority. We seek to understand their unique needs and goals so we can provide them with products and services that are effective marketing solutions. Our job is to help them connect and engage with their customers and stakeholders, achieving the maximum impact from their marketing investments with us. Equally important to us are the members of our team. We are committed to their well being through industry-leading safety standards and professional development. Burkhart believes in fielding an ever-improving, innovative, solutions-oriented and professional team. We believe that this commitment to excellence enables us to deliver the highest level of customer service at all times, in all we do. Our values are based on our vision.
- Burkhart will be the out-of-home and on-premise signage company that other businesses rely on to get their messages to their targeted communities.
- We will be a financially sound, relevant company pushing the envelope for results-focused, out-of-home advertising and signage solutions.
- We will be recognized for excellence built on diversified, well-organized strategies supported by a relentless dedication to exceptional customer experience.
- We are committed to developing the capabilities of our employees by providing continuous training focused on safety, customer service and sound business principles.
One more core value of Burkhart is its commitment to each of the communities it serves. For a comprehensive list of the organizations that enhance the quality of life in their areas and for which Burkhart provides support in the form of scholarships, grants and in-kind services, see News & Events.
We have award winning signs
World Sign Association Award
World Sign Association Award
Details About Our Locations
1247 Mishawaka Avenue
South Bend, IN 46615
Fort Wayne, IN
- Crane-Elliot 55’ Reach-Available for Installation and Service
- Crane-Terex 90’ Reach-Available for Installation and Service
- Crane-National 75’ Reach-Available for Installation and Service
- Crane/Bucket-Wilkie 52’ Reach-Available for installation and Service
- Crane/Bucket-Altec 32’ Reach-Available for Installation and Service
- Two (2) Pickup Trucks For Non-Aerial Installation and Service
- Three (3) Trailers for Large Sign Transport